ICYMI: NEW SURVEY SHOWS SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS SUPPORT AMERICAN JOBS PLAN
8 In 10 Small Business Owners Are In Favor Of The American Jobs Plan
87% Support Investments In Affordable Care For Aging People And People With Disabilities; 75% Support Investments In Affordable Childcare
A staggering majority of small business owners support the American Jobs Plan, according to a new national survey from Small Business for America’s Future.
Survey results include:
- 8 in 10 small business owners are in favor of the American Jobs Plan
- 76% of small business owners think the American Jobs Plan will help boost the economy as a whole
- 72% believe the American Jobs Plan will help small businesses specifically
- 67% said they support increasing taxes on corporations to pay for the American Jobs Plan
- A whopping 72% said the current tax code favors large corporations over small businesses
- 75% said they believe large corporations do not pay their fair share of taxes
- 76% said small businesses are harmed when large businesses or corporations use loopholes to avoid paying taxes
- 51% said they do not believe raising taxes on Americans making over $400,000 a year would harm small businesses.
The survey also shows that small business owners support infrastructure investment that goes beyond roads and bridges:
- 87% of small business owners support investments in affordable care for aging people and people with disabilities
- 76% support investments in living wages for care workers
- 70% support paid family and medical leave
- 75% support investments in affordable childcare
- 74% support investing in more jobs for care workers
View the full survey report here.