PRESS CONFERENCE TUES. 10AM ET: SEN. HASSAN, CARE ADVOCATES, ECONOMIST TO UNVEIL NEW RESEARCH ON THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF CARE INVESTMENTS IN KEY STATES
71% of Voters, Including 64% of Independents and 58% of Republicans, Support Investing In Care Infrastructure
President Biden’s American Jobs Plan Includes a $400 Billion Investment in Long Term Care for Older Adults and People With Disabilities
The Press Conference is Part of a #CareCantWait Week of Action During Which Leading Progressive Groups, Business Leaders, and Lawmakers Will Push for Major Investments in Care
WASHINGTON, D.C. — On Tuesday, April 13, at 10 a.m. ET, Sen. Hassan, TIME’S UP Foundation President and CEO Tina Tchen, Women Effect Fund Co-founder Lisa Guide, and economist Lenore Palladino will unveil new research from Lenore Palladino and the Women Effect Fund showing the economic impact of care investments in key states. Register for the press conference, hosted by Invest in America, here.
The American Jobs Plan includes a $400 billion investment in long term care for older adults and those with disabilities. The forthcoming American Families Plan is likely to include further investments in care infrastructure.
- Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-NH)
- Tina Tchen, president and CEO of TIME’S UP Foundation
- Lisa Guide, co-founder of the Women Effect Fund, and associate director of the Rockefeller Family Fund
- Lenore Palladino, Assistant Professor of Economics & Public Policy at University of Massachusetts Amherst and fellow at the Roosevelt Institute
- Leaders in government, advocacy, and economics will discuss new research showing the positive economic impact of care investments in key states, and the need to include robust care investments in the American Jobs Plan and forthcoming American Families Plan.
- Tuesday, April 13, 10 a.m. ET
- RSVP for the press conference here.