FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 5, 2021
Maddy McDaniel, Communications Director
[email protected] or 914-471-7716
NEW POLL: HUGE SUPPORT FOR BIDEN’S JOBS, FAMILIES PLANS FINANCED BY DEFICIT OR WEALTHY; PASSED BY RECONCILIATION
Large Majorities Support The American Families Plan If It’s Accompanied By Tax Increases On the Wealthy OR If Deficit Financed
65% of Voters Would Support Passing The American Jobs Plan Through Reconciliation
57% of Voters Would Support Passing The American Families Plan Through Reconciliation
WASHINGTON, D.C. — According to a new poll from Invest in America and Data For Progress, voters overwhelmingly support President Biden’s American Jobs and Families Plans — regardless of whether they are passed through reconciliation — and support the American Families Plan no matter if it’s accompanied by a tax increase on the wealthy or adds to the national debt.
“No matter which way you slice it, Americans overwhelmingly agree that we should be making large scale investments in our nation’s physical and human infrastructure,” said Zac Petkanas, senior advisor for Invest in America. “What they don’t care about is Washington’s obsession with finding ‘one-to-one pay-fors’ or gaining bipartisan support amongst lawmakers at all costs. They care about creating millions of high paying jobs and boosting economic growth by prioritizing roads, bridges, U.S. manufacturing, schools, caregivers, families, and health care like the American Jobs and Families Plans do.”
The poll found that:
- 63% of voters support the American Families Plan if it’s accompanied by raising taxes on the wealthy.
- 57% of voters support the American Families Plan if it adds “to the national debt.”
- A majority of Independents support both options.
- 65% of voters would support passing the American Jobs Plan through reconciliation.
- 57% of voters would support passing the American Families Plan through reconciliation.
The survey was conducted with 1,402 voters from April 30 – May 2.
Read the full polling tabs and methodology here.