FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 6, 2021
Maddy McDaniel, Communications Director
[email protected] or 914-471-7716
*** PRESS CALL WED. AT 11AM ET — RSVP HERE ***
PRESS CALL WEDNESDAY 11AM ET: ECONOMISTS DISCUSS THE NEED FOR A MULTI-TRILLION DOLLAR PUBLIC INVESTMENT TO REBUILD ECONOMY
Economists Join Invest in America for a Press Call to Discuss the Need for Major Public Investment; Push Back on Critics Who Say the Proposed American Jobs Plan Would Hurt American Competitiveness
69% of Voters, Including 65% of Independents and 50% of Republicans, Support A Multi-Trillion Dollar Plan To Invest In American Infrastructure
Today, 70 Economists Signed a Statement Organized by Invest in America Calling for a Multi-Trillion Dollar Infrastructure Investment
WASHINGTON, DC — On Wednesday, April 7 at 11:00 AM ET, Invest in America will host a press conference to discuss the need to build on the American Rescue Plan with a multi-trillion dollar investment in infrastructure, manufacturing, clean energy, caregiving, and education to create millions of jobs and rebuild the American economy.
The group will also address concerns from critics who say that a multi-trillion dollar package like the proposed American Jobs Plan would hurt American competitiveness. RSVP for the call here.
The American Rescue Plan staunched the bleeding after a devastating year, but more is needed to address the massive loss of jobs during the pandemic, the country’s underfunded and crumbling infrastructure, an ever-widening racial wealth gap, and the rising economic cost of inaction on climate change. Another multi-trillion dollar investment to rebuild the economy is popular with economists and voters alike. Well-targeted infrastructure investments can boost the economy, reduce the deficit, and pay for themselves in the long term.
- Dean Baker, Senior Economist at the Center for Economic and Policy Research
- Josh Bivens, Director of Research at the Economic Policy Institute
- Andres Vinelli, Vice President of Economic Policy at the Center for American Progress
- Leaders in economics will discuss the urgent need for a multi-trillion dollar infrastructure investment that will create millions of jobs and boost GDP, and respond to critics who claim legislation like the American Jobs Plan would hurt businesses and the economy.
- Wednesday, April 7, 11:00 AM ET
- RSVP for the press call here.